Civic Education 4.0 is an innovative project not only for Romania but also for other countries and aims to inform young people about the functioning of public institutions in Romania.
The project has proposed to take concepts from civic education, such as decision-making, participatory budgeting, institutional system and to explain to students in a visual and practical way so that they understand that information, to internalise it and to Retina and in the future.
The aim of the project "Civic Education 4.0" was to form young people from Romania as active and involved citizens, prepared to act as actors in the local and central decision-making process.
- Informing young people in Romania about the decision-making process in the main public institutions (Parliament, Local Council, mayors) through new and innovative methods.
- Informing young people in Romania about the means through which they can be involved in the decision-making process of public institutions.
- 300 students from 10 schools in the counties of Agres, Constanta, Vrancea, Ilfov and Bucharest
- 200 children from robotics courses in Robohub
- 10 Teachers of civic education and/or ICT in schools
- 4 Local robotic partner clubs
Materials made in this project: folding the decision-making process in Romania and folding the involvement of citizens in the elaboration of the local budget. Each of the schools visited received a set of boards and Ozobots in the project to use in other demonstration lessons.
OK Center Romania has been a partner in this project and has helped us to transpose into an easy-to-understand format and present to the pupils the public budget part.
The Civic Education Pilot Project 4.0 was conducted with the financial support of the Civic Innovation Fund, a programme developed by the Civil Society Development Foundation in partnership with the Romanian-American Foundation and supported by Enel Romania and Ursus Breweries (www.inovarecivica.fdsc.ro).