Purpose: To familiarize young people with the work of the Romanian Parliament and stimulate them to become active citizens and involved in local and central decision making.
- Informing students about the activity of parliamentary offices;
- Informing young people about the importance, role and functions of Parliament within the other democratic institutions;
- To familiarize young people with methods of influencing decisions at local and central level.
- Organizing 30 internships in parliamentary offices for 30 students;
- organizing a training for internship participants in order to help them understand the work of the parliamentary cabinets in which they will work;
- Creating a video game, addressed to young people between the ages of 14 and 25, who simulate the activity of Group parliamentarians, Commission, College and Plenary: www.e-parlament.ro
The project was conducted between June 2009 – December 2012 and received Financial support of 49 000 USD from the Central & Eastern European Trust for Civil Society. Partner in this project is the Chamber of Deputies.