This year will be organized for the second time at national level in Romania, the European Robotics Week – 16 – 25 November 2018. This is an initiative of the European robotics network, euRobotics, which takes place in all European countries and aims at promoting the robotics industry and its potential.
During this period, organizations and public institutions will organize various activities designed to promote robotics, programming and STEAM activities in Romania.
The opening of the Robotic Week in Romania will be marked by the National Meeting of Educators in the Field of Robotics, which will take place on Friday, November 16, between 9:00 and 16:00 at OK Center in Bucharest. This meeting has 5 objectives:
- Emphasize the significant increase that technology has in society and the fact that this also has an impact on education, which must keep up with this technological advance;
- Promote the activities that are taking place in this respect across the country, but also to draw up a plan for future actions;
- Promote examples of good practice implemented in schools and robotics clubs that can be replicated by educators across the country;
- Provide examples of accessible teaching materials that can be used in schools to teach technology and robotics;
- Present major robotic competitions taking place in Romania, depending on age.
Besides the central event, events will be organized throughout the country, in cities such as Timisoara, Râmnicu Vâlcea, Timişoara, Piteşti, Focsani, Medgidia, Cernavoda, but also in small urban areas such as Băicoi, Cândeşti, Vladimir, Tormac, Pietrari and others.
This year, we also mark the formation of a coalition of civil society networking actors, active either in the field of robotics or in the field of STEAM, which join forces to transmit a strong and united signal: Romania has qualified human resources and a community passionate and involved in many robotics initiatives. The participating organizations in Saptămâna Robotics are: E-Civis Association, Science Fund, Nation Through Education, ECDL ROMANIA, National Association of Librarians and Public Libraries in Romania (ANBPR), Creative STEM Education Association, Robochallenge, Banat IT Association, CoderDojo Romania Network , Techsoup Association, World Robotics Olympiad Romania and National Kids Initiative. Partner organizations will support STEAM robotics and education events during Robotics Week, promote their initiative within the networks they work with, and encourage as many groups as possible to organize robotics events in November. The partner organizations are also urging other NGOs, initiative groups, companies and educational institutions to join this approach.
For further information, please contact Ana-Maria Stancu, National Coordinator of the European Week of Robotics, by phone: 0721 678 764 or by e-mail: email@example.com